The PTA needs a class parent in every classroom.
This is a wonderful way to get involved with your child’s school.
Please see the guidelines below.
If you are interested please sign up using this form:
Thank you for you help and involvement.
Send a message to: Executive Board
Class Parent is an important PTA role. Most of the responsibilities of a CP can be done from the comfort of home by sending communications via email:
1. Help to build community among the parent/guardians within your specific classes.
2. Serve as the boots on the ground for the PTA by sharing a few emails throughout the school year inviting parent/guardians to:
- Attend other PTA sponsored events e.g. Social Events, Fundraisers, Annual Auction, Plant Sale, School Pictures, etc.
- Help recruit parents to fundraise and help staff PTA events
- Attend PTA meetings
3. Compile a list of email and phone numbers for the parent/guardians in your classroom with the help of the PTA and classroom teacher(s).
4. Organize a get together among parent/guardians and students OUTSIDE of school at the beginning and end of the school year. This is NOT mandatory but recommended.
5. Start a Facebook page for your class. This is NOT mandatory but highly recommended. The PTA is more than happy to help create a FB page (this can be done in less than five minutes and in many cases has already been created).
6. Organize a Class Basket for the PTA Annual Auction, also NOT mandatory but recommended.
7. Attend one Class Parent meeting in early October.
No more than 2 parents will be class parent per classroom.
If more parents are interested they shall create a committee headed by the 2 lead parents. It is suggested that Class Parents communicate with parents at least one time a month to inform them of PTA news and events. The majority of communications will be provided for Class Parents by the PTA.